Sunday, September 16, 2012

My journey to the Emmys

On August 23 I found out that I would be attending the Emmy awards, purely as a spectator.   While living in the midwest, a friend and I had dreamed of being seat fillers for the Academy Awards since as long as I can remember.  We would have viewing parties as the awards were broadcast.  Now that I am living in southern CA an event on my bucket list was about to happen.

On August 24, reality set in.  A dress, no, not a dress, but a gown would be needed for the event.  An event that I will probably never attend again and would not make sense spending $300 (or more)!  Now I must explain, dressing up for me are khaki's, a polo shirt and shoes that tie.  There is a reason my nickname is Mountain Girl.

I did some quick research and learned there were several places in Los Angeles that have gowns available for rental.  Time was of the essence since the Emmy's are less than three weeks away and I am probably not the only one needing a dress.  I called and luckily got an appointment for the next day.

I was told that the "girls" would take good care of me and assist with whatever I needed.  I had no idea what to expect.  I have scenes from Pretty Woman running through my mind as I am waited on hand and foot.  Never mind that neither I nor my date resemble Richard Gere or Julia Roberts in any form or fashion.  The finances are not similar, either.

Guess I need to make sure my undies don't have any holes and I probably should shave my legs.


1 comment:

  1. Yay for writing! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. :)

    ReplyDelete